I left my laptop at home this week when I went on spring break, and used good old fashioned pen and paper for reading Con Law, and the N800 for everything else. Before I forget, a few notes:
- if I could figure out how to get ogg support on this thing, I’d buy very large memory cards tomorrow. But so far the only docs I can find explaining ogg support are long and painful. With the very few mp3s I have (mostly from podcasts) this is a fairly capable replacement for my much-missed Rio.
- text entry continues to be a major pain.
- opera chokes to death on my planets. The new minimo build, unfortunately, is not much better (though otherwise quite nice.)
- I need to see if I can use the N800 to grab/review photos- that was the one thing I really, really missed having the laptop for. (pictures soon.)
- Otherwise, was quite useful for occasionally skimming my email and checking up on various little things- a very nice vacation tool.