I’m a lawyer, executive, and (former) software developer, specializing in open source licensing, product counseling, technology transactions, and community strategy.
What am I up to?
I’m currently the co-founder of Tidelift, where we’re creating a new way to support and use open source software.
Before Tidelift, I worked on some of the most high-profile technology projects in the world, including:
- At the Wikimedia Foundation, I served as Deputy General Counsel and then led the Community Engagement Department.
- At Mozilla, I led the revision of the Mozilla Public License.
- At Greenberg Traurig, my clients included many startups, Facebook, Amazon, and Google in the Google-Oracle lawsuit.
Past and current volunteering
I have volunteered in a variety of capacities, including:
- On the boards of:
- As a legal expert for:
- the Patents and Standards Interest Group at the World Wide Web Consortium
- the Legal Working Group of Open Street Map
- As bugmaster for the GNOME project!